AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

share ›
‹ links

Below are the top discussions from Reddit that mention this Amazon listing.

Electronics Accessories & Supplies Audio & Video Accessories Cables & Interconnects Audio Cables RCA Cables

Info from Amazon Listing
  • Adapter cable connects a smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player to a speaker, stereo receiver, or other RCA-enabled device
  • 3.5mm Male connector on one end and two Male RCA connectors on the other end
  • Works with left and right audio input and devices with a standard 3.5mm auxiliary jack (typically used for headphones or ear buds)
  • Dual-shielding, polished metal connectors and a corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3.5mm connector for pure, clear audio and minimal signal loss
  • Beveled step-down design ensures a secure, fully plugged-in connection; PVC exterior offers added strength and flexibility; cable measures 6 feet; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty

Reddazon may receive an affiliate commission if you make purchases on through this site. Thank you for using these links to support Reddazon.

Amazon Basics

Reddit Posts and Comments

0 posts • 114 mentions • top 50 shown below

r/avporn • comment
6 points • elpeleon

You would need something like this. My dad has a similar setup with a laptop.

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

r/buildapc • comment
3 points • CollegeRatInc
r/hometheater • comment
3 points • seansdude

Everyone here will suggest you buy a new AVR, but that's not what you asked. You want TV sound through your stereo? Buy a 3.5mm to 2 male RCA adapter cable. Plug it into your TV's headphone jack, then the red & white RCAs go into the receiver's TV input, just like you've got in your picture.

If you're used to watching TV with internal speakers, this will be a tremendous improvement and might motivate you to step up to a better system one day :)

r/macmini • comment
3 points • covertash

Since the Mac Mini still has a 3.5 mm jack, you could use a simple 3.5 mm to RCA cable, which will be the cheapest solution:

Otherwise, the recommendation for a DAC will work as well. I have had good experiences with a Schiit Modi 3, Topping D30, Grace SDAC, and Grace SDAC Balanced. All of them are right around the $100 mark (with the SDAC Balanced being the outlier), and all will follow the same connectivity pattern:

Amp -- (RCA cable) --> DAC -- (USB cable) --> Mac Mini

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
2 points • Animalondrums

Most desktop Amps are not going to take a 3.5mm input. All you need to do though is buy an adapter cable that goes from 3.5 on one end to a pair of RCAs on the other end likeTHIS CABLE Most, if not all, Amps have a set of RCA inputs.

r/techsupport • comment
2 points • DeeGeeFi

by auxiliary do you mean the 3.5mm stereo plug? Then you can just get a RCA (white and red plugs) to 3.5mm cable.

r/audio • comment
1 points • datum-1

You just need a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Plug it into basically any of the stereo line level inputs (the red and white ones).

r/headphones • comment
1 points • o7_brother

You need a DAC, which is a device that turns digital music files on your PC or smartphone into a wiggly wavy analog signal that goes into the back of the amplifier via the two RCA inputs.

Fortunately, your PC already has a DAC built into the motherboard, which should work okay with a cable like this one going into the amp. Some desktop computers have an output on the back that says "line out" or "speakers" or something similar, that's the one you should use.

Alternatively, you can get a cheap external DAC for debatably better sound quality than the DAC in your computer. Such a configuration would look like this:

PC > USB cable > USB input on the DAC > RCA outputs on the DAC > RCA cables > RCA input on the amp > L300

Any questions, feel free to ask. Also, why the L300 specifically? Are you getting your first electrostatic?

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
1 points • SSHL13

You can try this but it probably won't sound good, because your source--the 3.5 mm headphone output of an "old antique record player"--doesn't offer a high-fidelity signal.

You need an adapter cable with a 3.5 mm stereo plug running to two male RCA plugs--like this one.

Unplug the Modi from the Magni. The Modi is irrelevant for what you want to do.

Plug the 3.5 mm end of the cable into the headphone jack of the record player. Turn the volume to zero on the record player. Make sure your Magni amp is off. Then plug the RCA ends of the cable into the Left and Right IN jacks on the back of your Magni.

With the volume at zero on the Magni, turn it on. Gradually turn up the volume on the record player and on the Magni. If you hear distorted buzzing, turn it off and give up--it's not working! Otherwise, adjust volume on the record player and the Magni until you get a loud-enough signal.

I hope you have fun, but be careful, and don't expect much. The sound is only going to be as good as the weakest link, and that antique record player seems pretty weak.

r/Gaming_Headsets • comment
1 points • Charliedarkly

As long as I'm able to hear my PC audio that's fine. I already have a USB mic connected to my PC.

Would an adapter like this work?

r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
3 points • DecayingVacuum

Except it's not the "exactly the same"

  1. An external DAC is likely to cost significantly less than a similar quality sound card.
  2. An external DAC has significantly less opportunity for electrical noise to leak into the signal.
  3. As you've likely discovered, Sound cards with RCA outputs are not easy to find. I don't know of a sing one that doesn't itself incorporate some kind of breakout box to provide those connections.

If you're dead set on a sound card I would suggest getting the best one you can afford and then using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. For example:

r/buildapcsales • comment
1 points • spicedpumpkins

I don't remember if they came with 3.5mm to RCA, but other than that, they are good to go and make really good PC speakers.

r/audio • comment
1 points • ScottChi

No amp needed, If your PC's sound card has an analog subwoofer out. You can use a splitter cable (like this) to connect to the line in jacks on your sub. Switch the input select to "Line".

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
1 points • M4dScientist1

Just one of these I need right?

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

r/Destiny • comment
1 points • thoraway5029

yeah that makes sense, would i need these also

r/buildapcsales • comment
1 points • LocktheTaskbah

Sorry, thought I replied to this. I have this cable, AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet: Home Audio & Theater The 3.5mm goes into my motherboard, while the left/right rca connectors go into the amp.

r/ZReviews • comment
1 points • cmconch

All you should need is a 3.5mm to rca cable, something like this to the length you need

r/headphones • comment
1 points • SjayL

Got it, thank you, I ordered [this] ( is that good?

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
1 points • nzhoward

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

is it something like this?

r/audio • comment
1 points • que_la_fuck

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
1 points • zeus-man

It's a JAMMO S810. I ordered this cable.

r/370z • comment
1 points • goeticgirl

Awesome! Did you use a cable like this to do RCA > AUX before plugging into that receiver?

This is so much cheaper than the Bovee I was looking at, thank you for sending it my way.

r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
1 points • brazen8
r/HelpMeFind • comment
3 points • Codebender

"RCA" is the keyword you're looking for.

r/audio • comment
1 points • toshslinger_

Thats no problem, if there is 1 stereo 3.5mm output on a device , to hook it to a powered sub with RCA LR just get a 3.5mm stereo to RCA adaptor like this

r/SoundSystem • comment
1 points • PoLoMoTo

Get a 3.5mm to dual/stereo RCA adapter and connect it to the red and white plugs there and press the 'MD/VIDEO' button and you should be good. Something like this

The optical is a digital S/PIDF output over fiber optic for the CD player if you wanted to use an external amplifier for your speakers instead and just use this as a CD player/changer.

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
1 points • Dafunkk

Yeah before posting I got this. So when do you want a DAC? Is that just when you want the best quality?

r/vinyl • comment
1 points • maineguy1988

That is not a true audio video receiver. You would have to use Bluetooth (if your turntable supports it) or maaayyybbee use an RCA to audio cable to hook up in the back. Not certain if this would actually work though. AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
1 points • pch_biker

The amp is not needed unless you have other passive speakers to hook up and power.

For normal listening from your PC:

PC OUTPUT ("L-OUT") >> [3.5mm to dual RCA male] >> Audioengine Speaker INPUT


I suppose, if you wanted to plug more things into the receiver and use it as a switcher (and FM radio), I suppose you could take another 3.5mm TRS to dual RCA male adapter cable and do this:

RECEIVER ("TAPE/MD - REC OUT") >> [3.5mm to dual RCA male] >> PC INPUT ("L-In")

Then you would control the volume of the receiver via the software / sound mixer on your PC - the receiver's main volume would have no effect.

The 3.5mm to dual RCA male cables would look like this:


r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
1 points • polypeptide147

You just need an RCA to 3.5mm cable

Also, I really wouldn't get a subwoofer under $250. If I had to I might get a BIC F12 or Dayton SUB1200, but I probably wouldn't bother. Your speakers are going to be so much better than the bass from a sub. You'll be able to tell exactly where the speakers roll off and where the sub comes in.

Like I said, everything will work without the sub. I'd just get it like that and see if you really need the sub. If you do, you can order it and add it in.

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
1 points • qobopod

it will work, you just need this type of cable to run from 3.5 jack on the mobo to the amp.

r/hometheater • comment
1 points • _mutelight_

3.5mm to RCA cable like this.

You will be limited to stereo audio with your current gear.

r/PCsupport • comment
1 points • horizon1015

Get a cheap 3.5mm (headphone) to male RCA adapter. Connect the 3.5mm to the green line out on the computer and the RCA side to the white and red connections on the sound system.

Something like this:

It will give you stereo out.

r/buildapc • comment
1 points • not_a_cup

Correct, so I guess my question is what cable do I need to purchase to be able to connect the speakers to the inputs. Would it be a cable like this? And then I would just cut off the red/white jacks and plug the cable directly into the speakers.


Also, for your speakers, does each speaker have 2 cables being plugged into the mobo or just one cable?

r/podcasting • comment
1 points • keltictrigger

Like this? Where does the dial go to?

r/audio • comment
1 points • vinyl_spin

Just use an RCA to 3.5mm aux cable from TV to soundbar.

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable - 4 Feet

r/audio • comment
1 points • John2Nhoj

They will need an amp/receiver to drive them.

Use the Audio Out on the Amazon Echo, (next to the Power In) and connect it to the amp/receiver. You will need a cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack on one end and RCA jacks on the other.


r/audio • comment
1 points • cnhn

Simple test.

hook your speakers up to your phone using a 3.5mm stereo headphone to dual RCA cable.

the 3.5mm goes to your phone, the rca goes to your speaker inputs. turn the volume down to zero. turn the speakers on. start something playing on your phone, turn up your phone all the way, then turn up the volume on the speakers.

does it work? great then the problem is how you are connecting to your computer.

r/audio • comment
1 points • sk8ernine

This is what you need

r/MechanicAdvice • comment
1 points • Bjandthekatz

r/CarAV is a better sub for it. Boss is known for their amazing quality (/s), so your best bet is to check if the amp is still outputting power. Do you have a multimeter?

if you have a cable like this , plug it into the input rca slot and play something off your phone.

How did you connect the line out converter to the radio? solder, tap connectors, twist and tape?

Edit: also that wiring looks hella small for a sub. I’d say probably 12awg with some big heat shrink. Looks unsafe. Is protection kicking in on the amp?

r/HelpMeFind • comment
1 points • tdm17mn

Would it be something like this?

r/diyaudio • comment
1 points • isogreen42

If u/chezty is right about the motherboard you have, I think this is possible with w/o a DAC. On page 21 and 22 of the manual they linked describes a 5.1 and 7.1 configuration - I think you can achieve the 6.1 you're talking about with three pairs of active speakers and the sub.

This uses all four 3.5mm audio jacks on the PC, three on the back + the front panel audio jack. The manual describes a 7.1 (eight channel) setup, which is 2x Fronts/ 2x Sides/ 2x Rears/ Center/ Sub. You're going to set up a 6.1 (seven channel) everything listed minus a center.


You'll need four of these 3.5mm to RCA cables one for each pair of active speakers, and the fourth, will split the bass/ center channel from the pink port on the back of the motherboard. Either the red or the white side of the RCA will be bass and the other should be center.


Alternatively, you would need a 7.1 audio receiver that would be fed by HDMI. However, to use active speakers with a receiver requires an expensive receiver with RCA outs for each channel, an investment not well served by these relatively inexpensive speakers.

r/DIYAudioCables • comment
1 points • dethwysh

You mean like this?

Note: Referral Code removed.

r/hometheater • comment
1 points • swbooking

As others have said, optical cable to DAC would be best, but you can also just go 3.5 mm headphone cable to RCA directly as well. Sound won’t be as great but it’s a quick fix.

Something like this:

r/headphones • comment
1 points • t4tris

r/BudgetAudiophile • comment
2 points • SmittyJonz
r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
2 points • finitemike

I assume you mean the USB-C apple dongle? It is good. What you need is 3.5mm to RCA like this:

Then your chain will be:

PC -> USB-C apple dac -> that\^ cable -> Heresy -> headphones

r/HeadphoneAdvice • comment
2 points • PureMost

Buy a 3.5 to rca cable and put it in your mobo line out

r/audioengineering • comment
2 points • SuperRusso

So, you are using this, and you want to replace it with a dual TRS to single 3.5mm TRS?

No. That will not be balanced. You would need something that offers a balanced output, and a 3.5 TRS connection which is coming out of a stereo output cannot do this. You need an interface to do this.

The limitation is the computer's audio interface, not the cable. But an interface that has balanced outputs for the speakers like the one linked above would sound much better than the computer. The balanced output would be one reason, a quieter ground another, better A/D converters yet another, an analog gain stage for output would be another...All of this would sum to a significantly better sounding output signal chain.

r/audio • comment
1 points • HookedonHiFi

First off, the "preamp" you linked is not actually a preamp but rather a power amp. It takes signal level source and boosts it to high power speaker level output. A proper preamp with volume control would work.

As you said, the simplest solution is to use the built in volume control on the speaker, but if you really don't want to you have basically 2 options with your setup.

  1. Connect your speakers via 3.5mm aux directly to your PC/source rather than through your monitor and control the volume from the PC/source.
  2. Buy a passive preamp with volume control like this and connect the 3.5mm output of your monitor to 1 of its inputs via 3.5mm to RCA cable like one of these and then connect the output of that passive preamp to your speakers via the same type of cable.

That should do the trick for ya! Also the benefit of that particular passive preamp is an extra input and a switch to select which input you want.

You could buy another 3.5mm aux to RCA and connect your phone or portable player to it for example. Then just switch to that input and you can do some music listening or what have you on your setup. Or you could use a regular RCA cable to connect a variety of sources.

Best of luck!